Did everyone have a good Easter? We spent ours doing a lot of chores! Cleaning our tiny NYC apartment really well was a nice way to start this beautiful warm weather. Unfortunate that the “fresh air” smells rotten in the city, but it was still nice to open our windows and get a breeze. My husband cooked up a beautiful meal (I forgot to capture a photo because I was so hungry). He made some Cuban-style pork with rice and beans. It was delicious! A little non-traditional for Easter but I have no complaints.
I was doing some online shopping around this weekend and kept coming across some strange shoe! I see a lot of odd outfits and shoes while walking around this city (and people) so this might be an upcoming trend. Please share feedback and let me know if you like these shoes!!
- Shoes with writing all over them. These caught my eye because when I was a kid, we used to take pen and markers and write on the sole and around the bottom of our shoes. We used to write the bands we love (“I love Nirvana”), boys we had crushes on, or just fun designs.
- Tropical slip-ons. Maybe these would actually be super fun to wear on a beach vacation! They’re definitely not something I’d wear every day without feeling silly.
- Hot pink hooker boots? Haha, I know they aren’t called hooker boots but when I was in high school, that’s what I called boots with this style. These are made of satin and can you believe they go up to your waist??
- Multi-colored sandals. Maybe these could grow on me but it seems like a lot going on at once. They have tassels, pompoms, and braided faux leather. Would anyone wear these?
- Black ankle boots with straps. Don’t get me wrong, I love an ankle boot. These ones are just a bit much for me. They look like an outfit out of Shades of Grey…
- Gold ankle boots. I just don’t need that much attention on my feet.