I’ll admit I completely forgot to wear green today. I am sober so St Patrick’s Day isn’t really a holiday of much interest to me. However, my husband is part-Irish and I think one of the purposes of holidays is for fun. I love that people find so many reasons to have fun and I think that’s important to making life worthwhile.
Green is one of the colors I do wear on occasion, although usually in the form of an olive shade. I thought I’d share some green clothing that I like (including one that I do own).
- 2 lace up shirts: This collared lace-up shirt can be worn tucked in like the model is wearing, or untucked and with the addition of the color, this can be worn for corporate wear (perhaps wear a layering tank underneath to stay modest). It also comes in black and white. The warm knit sweater is a similar style but a bit more casual. I know it’s getting warm in most cities but here in NYC it’s still on the edge of winter weather.
- I have a similar shirt to this side slit tank. It has a scoop neck and the fabric is very lightweight, so as the weather warms up, this is a great simple top to pair with black skinny jeans for a night out.
- I love wearing a blazer like this to work because it’s a quick and simple way to look more dressed up but keep warm in the chilly office cubicles!
- Remember when I said bomber jackets are in style? This green bomber jacket is totally the color I’d buy and I love the side flap pockets.
- Everyone is loving Zella leggings lately. Get yourself a green pair like these ones when you’re feeling like wearing some colors instead of standard black leggings. They do also come in black.
St Patrick’s Day Fun Things
- Try some delicious recipes this weekend: 25 fun recipes
- Do you like green food? What about green food that isn’t supposed to be green…read about these 8 fun Irish or green-themed foods to try.
- Quick facts about this holiday!
- Do you love New Balance? I think my husband has these shoes.
- Speaking of green, read about some of the most sustainable companies.