February was a month of up and down weather here in NYC. My company closed down their site during the first week due to an expected snowstorm. A few days ago it hit 70 degrees and is expected to again tomorrow. My first winter in New York has been pretty mild: a bit colder than an Arizona winter, but MUCH warmer than a Minnesota winter.
My February purchases
- Patagonia nano puff jacket (for winter hiking). This jacket is amazing, I cannot stress this enough. It’s so warm and comfortable. Patagonia is a great brand for petites because the size runs down to XXS!
- Duluth Trading Company firehose pants. These were for my husband who was doing a volunteer opportunity in a kitchen. If you ever need super durable pants that can withstand almost anything, these are the ones. They also have a quality guarantee so you can return at any time the pants fail you (which they won’t).
- Bioelements Facial Brush. This is a more budget-friendly alternative to the Clarisonic. A facial brush will help loosen the grub in your pores as you clean it (great to use in the shower).
- Victorinox Cutlery 7-Inch Fillet Knife, Small Black Poly Handle. Husband needed for practicing on fish. We have been buying whole fish which nets us both fish fillet and fish bones/head for making homemade stock.
- All-Clad brushed d5 8″ nonstick pan. We have the All-Clad BD005710-R D5 Brushed 18/10 Stainless Steel 5-Ply Bonded Dishwasher Safe Cookware Set, 10-Piece, Silver and needed one more piece for making eggs (nonstick works better).
- About 10 different flavors of Mio Liquid Water Enhancer. Makes water much more exciting!
This blog post is part of a linkup @ Franish