There is a 48 hour sale (today and tomorrow) at Macy’s, with great savings on kitchen and home selections! Since my husband is becoming a chef, we have spent a lot of time in the last couple of years building up our kitchen. I had a pretty sad collection of items in my kitchen when I was single. We now have a lot of functional and quality items in our kitchen. In particular, there are a few brands that have become our focus and among these, we still have a short list of items to add to our kitchen.
For this limited time sale at Macy’s, here are some of the items I have (or similar), and some further items I will be considering and discussing with my husband tonight. Some items are on our list and not yet purchased because they aren’t necessity. I prefer to wait for sales like this to make those kinds of purchases.
- Kitchenaid 5 quart Artisan – This is something that has been on our list to buy for a really long time but somehow we’ve always put it further down the priority list. I might have to make the splurge with this sale, Culinary school has taught my husband a lot of great things he can come home and make for me. 🙂 Why this one? I have done a ton of research on which stand mixer to buy and this is the best option, most highly recommended, and functional for what you would need a stand mixer for. There are a ton of attachments (food grinder, juicer, spiralizer, ravioli maker, etc) you can buy for it to add on more functionality.
- Zwilling J.A. Henckels flatware set – We spent a lot of time walking around department stores before choosing our set. This flatware is smooth, lightweight, and simple. We didn’t want any strange patterns that would go out of style and think this one is timeless.
- Zwilling J.A. Henckels cutlery set – One of our first kitchen purchases was this set and we really like it, it has pretty much any type of knife that a casual at-home chef would need along with 10 steak knives for meals at home. We have only needed to get our set sharpened once so far (might be due for another soon).
- Simplehuman dual compartment canister – Want to separate your trash and recycling without having to run to the garage each time? Or having to use 2 separate bins? This is a fantastic solution because this bin has two separate compartments that you can use to divide your waste. We don’t have this particular one because our kitchen is so small that we currently just throw out our trash down the chute outside our apartment door, but once we upgrade living size, this canister will be on our list.
- Simplehuman soap dispenser – Another from Simplehuman because we have found them to be a pretty great brand. Simplehuman tends to be good quality for the reasonable price point. I’ve been looking at getting this as a solution for kitchen sink organization. The dispenser is motion activated, so you just need to hold out your hands rather than contaminating the handle of the faucet. This is a good method to minimize bacteria spread too.
- Simplehuman 30L trash can – Yes, one more Simplehuman item. If you have a solution for your recycling already or don’t wish to have a dual compartment bin, this stainless steel trash bin is your answer. Get this: it has a quiet close lid so you don’t have to listen to your trash bin slamming shut each time! The lid also has a lip around the top to keep the bag from showing outside. Choosing sleek and clean kitchen pieces like this keeps your kitchen looking neat and tidy.
Please follow me on: