It’s been another month since I last posted some of the pros and cons of NYC from my perspective. I would say my feelings over the last month have gotten even stronger. The constant noise, crowded subways, unreliable transportation, and the prices have been wearing on me even more. Do I hate the city? No, I don’t. Overall I just don’t think the price is worth what you get and it’s not the ultimate place to live.
- I like that I have fairly convenient access to almost any store. Literally every clothing store is here. If fashion is your top priority over everything else, it could be somewhere you love.
- I like that I can walk my dog to little parks (like the one below).
- I can have almost anything I want delivered to my home.
- There are a lot of restaurant options, so if one sucks, you don’t ever have to go back. Try a new one next time!
- After living in the Arizona desert, I do like being near water. I mean, I live on an island.
- It takes awhile to get anywhere. So, you have access to everything, but it will still take 30-60 minutes to get there and only be 2-3 miles away.
- There are a lot of tourist traps like Chelsea Market which brags about being open early and late, yet when we arrived at 9am on Saturday there was absolutely nothing open!
- I do not like being around smelly and weird people while I’m commuting, I’d prefer to be alone.
- Most of all, I dislike that we live so close to so much natural beauty, parks, mountains, and we have to rent a car to get to them.