Today I want to share some of my favorite things. I have been feeling inspired lately by various minimalist blogs and thinking of ways I can simplify my life. One of the ways is to start filtering through all the things I own and getting rid of things I am not really using and things I don’t love. Eventually, I want all of my things to just be necessities and favorite things.
- Health & Beauty product: Nubian Heritage. We discovered this brand and love it. So many lotions have mineral oils which actually end up dehydrating your skin. Nubian Heritage creates products that are free from these mineral oils and other harmful chemicals. They are also cruelty-free and do not test on animals. Currently we use their soaps, lotions, and body butters (used for real dry areas). Favorite scents so far are Coconut & Papaya, Shea Butter, and Honey & Black Seed.
Bonus! If you have tattoos, try using the body butters on your tattooed area to help brighten up your tattoo!
- Clothing item: Patagonia capilene shirt. I love this shirt, it’s amazingly comfortable and dries so fast. This is a great shirt as a baselayer or for working out. It wicks away sweat from your body and doesn’t soak up sweat like a cotton shirt would. I’ll get into more details in another post, but Patagonia is a fantastic brand and great for petites!
Bonus: It also has built-in sun protection!
- Beauty product: Mac face foundation. I didn’t wear foundation for most of my life but as I’m getting older, I find it makes me feel a bit more attractive. I got my makeup done professionally at Mac before my engagement photos and found that I really liked their foundation. You can buy from Amazon or Nordstrom. Just for reference, I am somewhat fair skinned and use N2 or N3 depending on the season.
Bonus: It lasts for a long time since you only need to use a small amount.
- Organization product: 2017 Weekly planner. I’ve been using a planner like this forever. I know a lot of people can get organized through their smartphone, but I just can’t. Seeing what I need to do on paper is much more helpful to keep me organized, especially at work.
Bonus: It’s a super cheap buy!
- Shoes: Topshop booties. I got some Topshop booties about a year and a half ago and they’re my go-to shoe. They’re great to wear them at work and also for nights out. These shoes are really lightweight and comfortable, and I think they look good with almost anything!
Bonus: They’re super reasonable in cost, too.