I often overlook accessories and don’t spend a lot of my budget adding to my collection. I forget how much one or two accessories can really enhance an outfit or make an outfit complete. A belt can completely change the style of a shirt and jeans. The length and style of an earring can change the vibe of an outfit – just adding hoops, dangly, or sparkly earrings can make a simple outfit more dressed up. I know there have been days where deciding to wear earrings has made me feel more beautiful than if I just kept my ears bare. A scarf, a necklace, whatever it may be, can make all the difference.
Since my collection is limited, I’ve been creating more of a wishlist lately to add more items to what I already have. Here are some of my favorites I’d like to spotlight.
- Tory Burch sunglasses. I have one pair of Tory Burch sunglasses that I really like. I had bought some brand new from Vince Camuto only to lose them the next day in the airport so I replaced them with Tory Burch.
- Rag & Bone scarf. A few years ago I bought a bunch of scarfs, mostly black ones. I forgot about them for awhile but revived them recently to add an element that warms me up to my outfit. Of course it’s not as warm as wearing a winter scarf, but you wouldn’t wear that in the office anyway so this is a way to keep a bit warmer but add some style to a simple solid color shirt.
- Patagonia hat. Because Patagonia is one of my favorite brands for their sustainability and quality products. Their hats are great for a casual day out around town (or covering a bad hair day). Also great for sun protection during a hike.
- Halogen belt. This would pair well with a slim t-shirt dress to dress it up a bit. This one comes in black and pink.
- Janessa Leone hat. Great sun hat for summer/spring look (or a beach vacation!)
- BP scarf. I had to break away from everything being black, white, or grey, so this scarf is a great splash of color. It’s also only $12! (on sale!)
Next up – some jewelry favorites that I’d like to add to my collection (minus one that I do already own).
- Lord & Taylor earrings. These are 14kt white gold earrings in the shape of small hearts. I own these! They are simple and cute for days you just want a subtle earring. On sale for $40 (originally $100)!
- Sibilia ring. Sold by Anthropologie, I really like this because it’s unique. It has a rustic look and comes in 2 different colors: “purple motif” and turquoise.
- BP tassel necklace. I like tassels with the right outfit combination, where it isn’t calling too much attention to itself. This one, especially, is pretty simplistic and is on sale for $12!
- Baublebar bracelet. If you haven’t noticed, I like jewelry that is more minimalist. I think it can add a nice element of style to my outfit but I don’t need jewelry that is the center of attention either.
- Cluse watch. I don’t usually wear a watch since I have a desk job (think “clink clink” on the keyboard) but a slim watch really adds classiness to an outfit. It’s very lightweight and minimalist.
- Jennifer Zeuner necklace. I hated gold until recently when I was shopping for my engagement photos last year, it seemed to be much easier to find gold than silver because it’s the current style! I started pairing more gold jewelry with my outfits and find myself liking it now. I love this simple necklace that lays close to the neck without dangling around too much. It’s a great necklace for the office as well.
I hope you liked my wishlist, I tried to keep from repeating accessory types and provide about one of each kind. Most of my preferences are minimal unless I find something that really catches my eye! What are your favorites?